Frequently Asked Questions
Min 3 days in advance and subjected to our availability for the week
Usually 10-14 days advance notice is sufficient but we do encourage confirming the order as early as you can as some dates/weekends do fill up quickly.
We will try to accept orders that are less than 1 week away, as long as our kitchen is able to accommodate the request. We seek your kind understanding if we are unable to bake for you as we will need to cater enough resources to complete the orders that we have already took in.
Customized cakes -- Our cake prices are based on the design and serving size.
As customised cakes prices varies according to design, the rates below are estimates with some basic decoration included. The final cake price may be more or less than suggested.
Standard cakes -- Smallest size for 2-3 pax at $30.
Meet-ups aren’t necessary. We coordinate with most of our clients through e-mail. Through e-mail, we can exchange ideas, and easily document the design process between our clients and ourselves. From experience, phone discussions are not ideal as it takes up additional time for us to document the discussion and information can be misrepresented.
Do share with us cake designs that you like. You can visit our Facebook or Instagram for cake designs that are available.
We are unable to handle walk-in discussions without appointments. Our cake studio is meant for us to prepare the cakes as well as collection point for customers who opt for self-collection. We do not have retail hours as our cakes are based on pre orders only.
We understand that some orders are more urgent and we may take a while to reply. However, to best ensure all communications with customers are able to be shared correctly with our staff, kindly keep to one selected platform for your enquiry.
As all cakes and most decorations are handmade, no two cakes will be exactly the same. You can let us know which design aspect is important to you and we will try to make sure that they are included.
For designs created by other local cake decorators, we will advise that you check with them first if they are able to bake it for you.
If you prefer that we replicate the cakes, do allow us the discrepancy to change it a little so that we are not copying the designs of other bakeries.
We do not have halal certification as our kitchen is not halal certified. However, we do use mostly halal ingredients and our cakes do not contain pork or lard.
Our popular flavors include Chocolate, Red Velvet, Lychee Rose and Strawberry Shortcake. Do note that Lychee Rose and Strawberry Shortcake are chiffon base cakes with fresh cream content and only available under customized cream cakes.
These softer cakes cannot be selected as the base tier flavour as they are too soft to support another tier above. They can however be selected as the top tier flavor still.
Also, do look under “How do I store and transport my cake “ to determine if your celebration venue’s conditions is ideal for storing the cakes.
Yes! We do have cupcakes, cookies, meringues, macarons and tarts. We are able to customise most of these treats but the extent of customisation differs. Send us your ideas and we will try our best to work it out for you.
Apologies that we do not have packages and do not provide setup of dessert tables. We can customised cakes and other treats for your party with your theme and colors in mind. The cakes and treats can then be pick up from our store or delivered to your venue.
The cake stands can be rented from us.
Rental are generally between $15 to $30 for three days. There is $100 deposit per item that will be refunded when the items are returned in its original condition with its packaging.
As our cake studio is not a retail shop with standard operating hours, please call /email us to arrange for a time to return the items.
We usually encourage customers to bring in their cake toppers about 3 days prior to the collection or delivery of the cake so we have sufficient time to place them on the cake safely
If you need us to put the toppers for you on the day of collection, do bring it in about 30 mins earlier.
If the toppers are not suitable to be placed at our site, we will let you know. This is usually because the toppers may fall during transportation.
It will be advisable to share with us some pictures and dimensions of your toppers before sending it to us.
Colors are especially hard to replicate as they are all mixed by hand. We do try to work with tones like pastel or bold therefore you can let us know if you have a preferred tone of colors.
For bold colors like red and black, do take note that there will be more coloring used to achieve the color and it may stain your mouth when eating the cream.
For cream cakes in white, the creams have a natural tone of yellow from the butter content therefore we would not be able to achieve a pure white for cream covered cakes.
Yes you can. The figurines are edible but we do not encourage the children to eat them on their own as we do use non edible but food safe items like toothpicks in them.
It will be safer to break it up for them if they wish to eat it.
For customized cakes, all amendments must be informed at least 10 days in advance. As some decorations take a longer time to create, we would not be able to accommodate any last minute changes.
If you wish to make changes to the size of the cake, do let us know latest 7 days in advance. We would not be able to accommodate changes made after the grace period.
Do let us know at least 7 days in advance if you wish to change the cake flavor. Late notice will not be accommodated.
There are some cake designs require a certain height and area for the overall outlook to be achieved.
We wouldn’t be able to bake a very much smaller 2 tier cake and have the same design elements replicated onto the smaller area.
It will be good to consider if you really like to keep the cake’s design close to your image or If you will be comfortable for a similar design which is made in proportion to the cake size required.
Our smallest 2 tier cake serves about 8-10 pax (4 inches on the top tier for 2-3 pax and 6 inches at the bottom tier for 6-8 pax).
Delivery & Self-Collection
- We do have delivery services available for our everyday cakes, standard cakes and customized cakes. Do check with us on our availability and rates.
- All deliveries are outsourced. We will find the most appropriate and economical mode of delivery depending on the type of order. All delivery charges are passed on directly to the delivery personnel.
- Self collections will be at 11 Cavan road #01-01 Cavan Suites S(209848) There are parking lots along the street. We are right at the corner and our signage is sometimes blocked by a lorry.
- You can call the shop if you need us to bring the cake to the car.
- We do not have retail hours. Do let us know the time you will be collecting the cake so we can ensure that the cake is ready and someone will be around for you.
- Collection time for Tuesday to Saturday is between 10-6pm and Sunday and selected public holidays is between 10-1pm.
Transportation Care & Storage
- Transport the cake on a flat surface. Please be cautious with bumpy roads, and avoid placing the cake where the sun directly hits. (Especially for cream cakes!)
- Do plan to make the cake collection the last stop of your errands as we do not encourage leaving the cake in the car without air condition.
- Do drive slowly and carefully as the cakes are fragile. Avoid abrupt brakes which may cause the decorations to shift.
- Cream cakes with fresh cream content needs refrigeration. It can be left in aircon room for about an hour and they are best eaten chilled.
- Other cream cakes are best eaten at room temperature. Do remove from refrigerator 2-3 hours (depending on temperature outside and size of cake) before serving. Eating them straight from the fridge is strongly discouraged.
- Fondant cakes will have to be stored in air-conditioned room throughout till the cake is cut. Refrigeration is not recommended.
- To construct your customised design cake, we may have to use non-edible materials like straws, dowels, toothpicks and wires. Please be cautious when allowing children to eat the decorations.
- We do use cake boards underneath the cake on upper tiers of our multi-tier cakes so its easy for you to serve the cake. Do serve the highest tier first, remove the cake board and continue serving the bottom tiers.
- For cakes with paper bunting, do avoid lighting the candle near the bunting in case it catches fire.